Monday, March 14, 2011

Celebrate "U"

Here is a little project that I have been working on for my Girl Scout Class offerings.  I got a great response from my Brownie & Daisy classes, but have had some requests for "older girl" projects.  What a fun challenge.  I am used to working with my 8 years olds (who do a fantastic job crafting, by the way!) but to come up with something a little more challenging, a little something with more parts & pieces...well, I just enjoyed it!

I knew almost immediately what I was going to do, and that was a paperbag book (or you can call it a mini scrapbook if you'd like!)  Girls this age LOVE their friends...they love hanging out with them, going to the movies with them, taking tons of pictures with them...so why not do a craft where you can put all those pictures, ticket stubs, notes that were slipped in your locker, etc...

So, this is what I came up with...a Celebrate "U" paperbag album

 If you're wondering, YES it is made out of brown paper lunch bags...cute, huh?

What's fun about this project is that all the bags make for LOTS of little pockets and places for the girls to put all their "stuff".  Of course, I've also added some little tags that the girls can write little thoughts on or "journal" like you would in a regular scrapbook. 


I left blank spots on each page (10 pages in all) to put a pictures of them and their BFF's.  If you can't tell, there is a common theme in this book..."U".  I thought this was the perfect stamp set for a Girl Scout project...all about "U" (Just be U, Happy for U, Good for U, etc)

Here is one more sneak peak of one of my favorite pages in the book...

I think it's all the little tags and the blue rhinestone brad that does it for me!  And, the little button by the U...did I mention that I love buttons? :)

Well, if you want to see the other pages...you'll just have to contact me to set up a class date!  All the details will be under my "Stampin' Scouts" link at the top of my blog page!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment