Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Camp Out!

Besides my life as Mom and Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I am also Ally's Brownie Troop Leader! I can honestly say that I love it.  But let me tell you, it takes ALOT of work and ALOT of planning.  I am always amazed by the women with outside full time careers who take on that leadership role.  That is why I started offering Girl Scout Stampin' Classes and Badge Programs. I figured, since I was spending all this time coming up with craft ideas, service project ideas and ways to earn badges...that I might as well share not only my ideas....but my time!

One of the classes I am offering is the "Get Ready for Camp!" class. You see, every other year is a Camp Out year....and this is one of them!  For all of my girls, we will be camping overnight for the first time...I think I am almost excited as they are!  So, I came up with a cute idea for a craft for the girls to make to get ready for camp.  And it's one thing that I know for SURE we'll be doing...making SMORE'S over the campfire...
The Treat Bag has all the fixin's to make the perfect smore.  A leader can easily pass these out around the campfire and you can just imagine the smiles on the girl's faces!  Or how excited will the girls be to make this KNOWING that they'll be ripping it open over a toasty campfire in May!


I've also added a cute card that can be used as a thank you to that parent who helped the troop get ready for camp...or maybe one of the girls has a Birthday at campout! I love the images in this stamp set...bug spray ("Skeeter Spry it says on the can"), mosquito, sleeping bag, raccoon...and so much more!



If you're interested in me coming to teach this fun project to your girls...let me know! You can also find more info by clicking on the Stampin' Scouts page at the top of this page.. I will come to your meeting and you can sit back, relax and watch your girls have a great time!

Are you long distance, but still would LOVE to share this project with your Girl Scout or Boy Scout Troop? Email me...I'll be happy to give you a price that would include the entire pre-cut kit, stamp set & ink pads!  I promise, It's a set that you can use over and over again!


(I submitted this idea as a crafty little project idea HERE!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment