Monday, July 11, 2011

Convention Swaps

One day to go!! 

Four members of the Heartfelt Stampers Team and I are leaving for the airport at 4:00 tomorrow to head out to Salt Lake City for the 2011 Stampin' Up! Convention!!  I still have lots of packing to do, getting the kids schedule all organized for hubby while I am gone...and, of course, finishing up my swaps to take with me!

My goal was to bring 150 swaps with me...I am quickly learning that that will probably NOT happen. So, I am just going with "whatever I have done" by tomorrow afternoon. I'm at about 50 so far...so maybe 75?  We'll see!!

So here, is what I will be swapping...


I decided to go kinda mixy/matchy and focus on the decorative papers and minimal stamping (for speed of making my swaps as well as effect!)

I don't enjoy mass producing my cards (frankly, I get bored) so I decided to do three different cards to keep my interest over the past few days...

Here's each of them:


This one uses  the NEW in color Wisteria Wonder cardstock, paper from the Hostess Designer Series Paper...Cheerful Treat, First Edition DSP, Whisper White cardstock, Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon, Concord Crush ink and that FABULOUS new stamp set, Delicate Doilies.  I also used the 2 1/2" circle punch and the scallop border punch. And don't forget the "bling" using the Basic Rhinestones

This card is my homage to the sadly gone, Kraft cardstock...oh, how I miss you!! BUT, Crumb Cake is my new "go to" so I knew I needed to use it for some cute swap cards!  

This is also paper from Cheerful Treat, some Whisper White Craft InkBasic Black grosgrain ribbonBasic Black & Lucky Limeade ink (my new favorite!) and some random stamps--the park bench & white border  is from the Pendant Park Set and "friend" is from the Fabulous Phrases set. Love the colors...love the feel!

And here is swap #3...

I think this is my favorite! 

Again, paper from Cheerful Treat (just LOVE it...SO worth being a hostess to get this paper!) Some Very Vanilla Seam Binding,  more First Edition DSP, and the sweet little single stamp, Tiny Teacup.  I used that border at the bottom of the card with the same stamp from Pendant Park. It just seems to work with everything!  You can also see that I used some punches as well...the 2 3/8 scallop circle and the 1 3/4" scallop punch

Now, the design are done in place...now just need to keep making more, and more, and more....

When you ready my next post I will be on an airplane to Salt Lake City!
I hope you can come along from the ride
 (at least in blog land!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment