Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Convention Check In Day!

Wow. 
That's pretty much all the energy I have to explain today right now...but, wow.


I knew that Convention was fun, I knew that people loved to go...but I truly had no idea what I was in for.  And today is ONLY CHECK IN DAY.  Yup, the real meat and potatoes starts tomorrow for the 2,000-3,000 of us that are lucky enough to be here.

(Just a note: I am running on about 2 hours of sleep right now and going on a 15 hours day.  So, enjoy the pictures, but excuse me if my comments are incoherent!)

We were up around 6:00am this morning (after finally falling asleep close to 3ish) to get in line for Check In Day.  Today was JAM PACKED with activities....


Everyone starting to line up outside Salt Palace for Convention

First stop...Memento Mall!

This is pretty much where you get the opportunity to get your hands on some really cool, exclusive Stampin' Up! toys as well as some fantastic business tools.  Wanna See?


MDS branded laptop skins and mouse pads

Umbrellas (got one!)


ADORABLE lunch bags and mugs (got them too!)


...and a TON  of other stuff...some, of which I can't show you, because they will be HOSTESS GIFTS, DOWNLINE/NEW RECRUIT GIFTS and of, course, something for Mom!! (Speaking of which, MOM, you NEED to sign up to be a Demonstrator...you NEED to see this!)

Here is my very full bag of some VERY fun things!! Woo Hoo!!

Next Stop...Bag Pick Up & Awards Booth!

One of the exciting things of Convention is that you find out if you've won yearly awards, get ADDITIONAL free stamp sets, and find out if you've won the Incentive Trip (which is Disney this year).  This was a big deal for a bunch of members on my team...THREE won the incentive trip and Aly, my upline, (once again) got Founder's Circle (Top 100 demonstrator). This is a BIG deal...and comes with some BIG
bonuses and free gifts...plus a super cool purse!!


Aly finding out she got Founder's Circle
(I want to be her some day!!)

Now, time to get our BAGS!!


Check out our bags!!! We get these for FREE for attending and they are FILLED with all sort of fabulous things!


See all these stamp sets?? Mine. Free. In the bag.  Yep, I'm a happy camper!!!

(on a side note, while we were waiting in line for Memento Mall there was a video playing of one of the Make N Takes we'll be doing....You are going to DIE when we see how fabulous they are!!! I can't wait to make ours!!! (Saturday, I think)

Okay, back to the bag...

If you know me, you know that I LOVE office supplies. Especially pretty ones!! Check out this awesome binder!! Why it's super cool? They entire Stampin' Up! catalog was disassembled and printed out to find in our pretty binder with all the pretty tabs to separate the catalog sections.  LOVE IT! 

A quick stop for lunch at Olive Garden, and then we hopped on a bus and left for the Stampin' Up! home office tour in Riverton, Utah.

Could there not be a more beautiful place to work??

We got to tour the beautiful and impeccable clean building and got to see the distribution center, meet the Demonstrator Support Reps, and my most favorite thing....

(Warning:  Be prepared to have your socks knocked off)

There is a part of the building called the Legacy Room...a place of inspiration and some amazing creativity at Stampin' Up!


Paper Crafted Yumminess!

I could just eat these all up!

How cute are these??



Table Place Setting

My dream workstation

You know the Stencils we carry?? Check this out!! Makes me want to get out that stipple brush!

Vintage Fabulousness

So, we get back from Riverton and our day is hardly over yet!!

Stampin' Up! put on a "Garden Party" for us tonight. The whole theme and name of Convention is "Grow" with the whole garden/plant theme


The Gathering Place

There was a contest to see how had the best sun hat, here's a couple fun ones!


How cute are they??

During the whole thing there were games, prize patrols, and a TON of product demonstrations that we would watch.  SO much creativity everywhere.

And, that, my friends is the end to Check In Day. 

 I can't even begin to explain what today has meant to me. I am lucky and fortunate to have been able to come this year. Without Mom's help getting me here and Mike's help watching my four little ones while I'm gone...I could not have been here.  If you are a demonstrator...you NEED to come to convention if you haven't already.  If you aren't an demonstrator, but want to be apart of this fantastic experience, you NEED sign up just for nothing else but having the opportunity to be here.  Speaking of being a new Demonstrator, you HAVE to see the Christmas kit you get for joining in July (they have it on display and I almost FELL OVER when I say it..that picture online does in NO justice...

This sucker is BIG and it's BEAUTIFUL!!
 If you want one, contact me and I can give you all the details once I get back!

  I can't even imagine what's in store for us tomorrow and for the rest of the week.  Stay tuned & I'll show you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment