Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Workshop Yummies & Card

Edit:  Unfortunately, I am going to have to cancel the HodgePodge Happiness Class for this Sunday as some unexpected family obligations have come up...I will be offering a KIT option if you would still like to make these fantastic cards! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Well, it's February Break here in the Skerrett household!  We started break off by taking the kids to Toronto and visiting the Ontario Science Center (LOVED it!) and now we've got a couple of birthday parties and some other low key stuff to do until school resumes next week! 

Before we went away, I held one of my "Taste of Stamping" workshops.  This is a great way to introduce yourself or your friends to the sport of stamping!  We had a great time, but I think one of the highlights were these...
I found this great recipe here.  These cookies are called "Double White Chocolate and Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies with Sea Salt" (Yes, it's a mouthful...but a YUMMY mouthful!)  This has to be my new favorite food blog of all time! Delicious food, simple recipes and a fun site to check out daily! I hope you enjoy it too!

Now, to get back to the stamping...  Here is a sample of one of the cards we created.  What I love about having a "stash" of cards around is that you can just run to your pile and pick one out that fits whatever occasion you need one for! Today, that occasion was an ice skating birthday party that Ally was invited too.
Notice that my little creation is NOT hiding in an envelope?? Go ahead, show off your cards on the OUTSIDE of your gift packaging...it makes your gift look fabulous and gets some ooh and ahhs along the way (and if I'm being honest...it saves you an envelope!)

If you look on my calendar, I actually have a class planned for THIS Sunday! I am working on those samples right now and will have details posted soon to times and cost. I hope to stamp with you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious RaeAnn! Will you share the recipe!

    From a fellow Heartfelt Stamper, Patty
    http://rocpaperstamps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete